Star Animal Outreach is an outreach program working with the community's pets.
Star Animal Outreach is an outreach program working with the community's pets. We endeavour to empower pet owners to achieve healthy happy pets
We believe in quality of life for all animals. By sharing our knowledge and understanding, we further the education about pets that will allow better empathy for animals. This is an important experience for all of us and especially the children. We aim to dispel myths and misinformation and build a strong bond between pet and owner.
What we do
- Star Animal Outreach holds Dip Days, usually on the first Saturday of the month.
- Our wish is for dogs, cats, puppies and kittens to have quality dry food and to take care of their essential needs.
- The vaccination program is one of our most important projects as this deals with the very base of the health issues facing the pet owners. Our biggest problems being canine distemper and parvovirus and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) and feline leukaemia virus.
- We provide the opportunity for the community to dip their dogs for ticks and fleas and we have mange dips.
- We have food available for cats and dogs and puppies; and we assist with advice about health and nutrition, and the general well-being of the pet.
- We do de-worming and have general wound care available.
- We have a program for the collection of collars and leads which we then distribute to the community’s pets.
- We also have a sterilization project where we collect pets and take them into the vet to be sterilized; this is usually on a Wednesday.